Congratulations to the five winners of this year’s ARTstor Travel Awards! They will each receive $1,500 to be used for their teaching and research travel needs over the course of the next year.
Our heartfelt thanks to everyone who submitted an essay. As in previous years, our committee had a very difficult time choosing just five winners, and we are impressed by the wonderfully creative ways that our users integrate the images in the ARTstor Digital Library into their teaching and research.
The ARTstor Travel Awards 2012 winning essays are:
- Susan Dodge-Peters Daiss, Memorial Art Gallery of University of Rochester: Art at the Bedside: Exploring the Healing Potential of the Visual Arts
- Dr. Martha Hollander, Hofstra University: Vermeer’s Robe: The Dutch and Japan, 1600-1800
- Katherine Murrell, Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design: REPRESENT: Women Artists in the Western Tradition
- Amelia Nelson, Kansas City Art Institute: Silkworms in the Library
- Margaret Teillon, Wachovia Education Resource Center, Philadelphia Museum of Art: Enhancing Children’s Literature with ARTstor Images
To view the complete image groups for the Travel Awards-winning essays, visit the ARTstor Digital Library’s Featured Groups and click on Travel Awards.