Some stories we’ve been reading this week:
- Gosh, it’s been a while since we shared a new Mona Lisa theory. Our apologies! Here’s the latest: The painting was based on Leonardo da Vinci’s male apprentice and probable lover.
- And if we’re bringing up the Mona Lisa, we might as well throw in Stonehenge. Have archaeologists solved its mystery? Sure, why not.
- This should put an end to the cliché of timid librarians once and for all: the bad-ass librarians who saved priceless manuscripts from al-Qaida.
- Here’s your big chance to buy art made by ferrets, apes, and even cockroaches. Proceeds go to the San Francisco Zoo.
- Art has many functions, not least of which is helping police officers improve their work. (You may have noticed that on this blog a medical librarian also recommends it for doctors.)