With the addition of 64 images of Ancient archaeological and architectural sites in Egypt, Greece, and Peru, the Moreen O’Brien Maser Memorial Collection in ARTstor is now complete. The collection consists of more than 850 images and was made possible through the collaboration of ARTstor and the Visual Resources Collections at Skidmore College’s Lucy Scribner Library to digitize selected images from a collection of more than 8,000 slides created by alumna Moreen O’Brien Maser (class of 1926).
From 1938 to 1970, Maser traveled with her husband Herman to various archaeological sites and modern cities in the American Southwest, Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, Greece, Italy, and Egypt. Of particular note are the Mesoamerican images collected, which provide documentary evidence for sites that have been more fully excavated and/or damaged due to environmental and human degradation since being photographed by the Masers more than 50 years ago.
To view the Moreen O’Brien Maser Memorial Collection (Skidmore College): go to the ARTstor Digital Library, browse by collection, and click “Moreen O’Brien Maser Memorial Collection (Skidmore College);” or, if you are at your institution or have an ARTstor account, simply follow this link: http://library.artstor.org/library/collection/skidmore_maser
For more detailed information about this collection, visit the Moreen O’Brien Maser Memorial (Skidmore College) collection page.
- Art, Archaeology and Architecture (Canyonlights World Art Image Bank)
- QTVR Panoramas of World Architecture (Columbia University)
- Carnegie Institution of Washington Photographs of Mayan Excavations (Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology, Harvard University)
- Ferguson-Royce: Pre-Columbian Photography (University of Texas at Austin)
- Hal Box and Logan Wagner: Mexican Architecture and Urban Design (University of Texas at Austin)
- Egyptian and other Ancient Art (Arielle Kozloff Brodkey)