More than 3,330 additional images of Islamic art and architecture from South Asia from Alka Patel are now available in the Digital Library, bringing the total number of images in the Alka Patel: South Asian and Cuban Art and Architecture collection to more than 10,600 images. This final release of field photography from Alka Patel, Assistant Professor of Art History at the University of California, Irvine, documents Islamic art and architecture from 12th to the 18th centuries in India and Pakistan. These additional images join related content, as well as images of Cuban architecture of the 18th through early 20th centuries, to complete the collection in ARTstor. Cataloging information for all images was provided by Patel and the University of California, Irvine.
To view the Alka Patel: South Asian and Cuban Art and Architecture collection: go to the ARTstor Digital Library, browse by collection, and click “Alka Patel: South Asian and Cuban Art and Architecture;” or, if you are at your institution or have an ARTstor account, simply follow this link: http://library.artstor.org/library/collection/patel
For more detailed information about this collection, visit the Alka Patel: South Asian and Cuban Art and Architecture collection page.
- American Council for Southern Asian Art (ACSAA) Collection (University of Michigan)
- American Institute of Indian Studies Collection
- Beyond the Taj: Architectural Traditions and Landscape Experience in South Asia
- Cave Temples at Ellora, India (Deepanjana Danda Klein and Arno Klein)
- Islamic Art and Architecture Collection (Sheila Blair, Jonathan Bloom, Walter Denny)
- Huntington Archive of Asian Art