ARTstor is collaborating with the University Library at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign to share approximately 9,100 images from a variety of special collections in the Digital Library. The collection in ARTstor will consist of images digitized from visual materials held in the University Library, which are relevant to a variety of fields, including Irish political history, theater and costume history, and campus architecture and design.
Founded in 1867, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) is the oldest and largest campus in the University of Illinois system. Located in the twin cities of Urbana and Champaign, Illinois, the University was one of the original 37 public land-grant institutions created after President Abraham Lincoln signed the Morrill Act in 1862. UIUC is a public research university, comprising 17 colleges and academic units and offering more than 150 undergraduate and more than 100 graduate and professional programs.
For more detailed information about this collection, visit the University Library (Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) collection page.
- John R. Fischetti Cartoon Archive (Columbia College Chicago)
- Tenniel Civil War Cartoon Collection (Minneapolis College of Art and Design)
- Carnegie Arts of the United States
- Historical Scenic Design (Alexander Adducci)
- Historic Campus Architecture Project (Council of Independent Colleges)
- Ezra Stoller Archive (Esto)