Nearly 140 images of Spanish Colonial art and utilitarian objects from Brazil, Bolivia, Guatemala, Mexico, Peru, and Venezuela from the Colección Patricia Phelps de Cisneros (CPPC) are now available in the Digital Library. This release joins the CPPC’s approximately 170 images of modern and contemporary Latin American art previously available in the Digital Library.
The CPPC, the core visual-arts program of the Fundación Cisneros, works to advance scholarship on Latin American art, promote excellence in visual-arts education, and encourage a high level of expertise among Latin American art professionals. It achieves these goals through exhibitions, publications, scholarly research, online access and grants.
View the collection in the Digital Library: http://library.artstor.org/library/collection/latinamerican
For more detailed information about this collection, visit the Colección Patricia Phelps de Cisneros page in ARTstor.
- Hal Box and Logan Wagner Collection of Mexican Architecture and Urban Design (School of Architecture, The University of Texas at Austin)
- Cuban Heritage Collection (University of Miami Libraries)
- Mark Rogovin: Mexican Murals
- Modern Latin American Art (Jacqueline Barnitz, University of Texas at Austin); Mexican Retablos (Jorge Durand and Douglas Massey)
- Diego Rivera (Detroit Institute of Arts)
- Museo Eduardo Carrillo.