ARTstor is collaborating with the Fowler Museum at the University of California, Los Angeles to share 3,320 images of approximately 830 objects from the Fowler Museum’s Andean ceramics collection.
The Fowler Museum’s collections include more than 150,000 art and ethnographic objects and approximately 600,000 archaeological objects from ancient, traditional, and contemporary cultures around the world.
The Fowler Museum at UCLA was established in 1963 to consolidate the collections of non-Western art and artifacts dispersed throughout the campus of the University of California, Los Angeles. As one of the top university museums in the United States, the Fowler initiates research projects, fieldwork, publications, exhibitions, and public programming to enhance the understanding and appreciation of global arts cultures.
For more detailed information about this collection, visit the Fowler Museum (University of California, Los Angeles) collection page in ARTstor.
- Christopher Roy: African Art and Field Photography
- Herbert Cole: African Art, Architecture, and Culture (University of California, Santa Barbara)
- James Conlon: Mali and Yemen Sites and Architecture
- Yale University Art Gallery; Peabody Museum of Natural History: (Yale University)
- Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology (Harvard University)
- Seattle Art Museum
- Richard F. Brush Art Gallery (St. Lawrence University).