Some stories we’ve been reading this week:
- Today is the 29th anniversary of Georgia O’Keeffe’s death. Here is a touching letter to her from Frida Kahlo.
- Worst collector ever? Evidence shows that Joshua Reynolds painted over parts of his Rembrandt.
- And speaking of Rembrandt, this one will bring a tear to your eye: A Dutch organization takes terminally ill patients to the Rijksmuseum to look at art.
- Scientists suggest that looking at too much art too quickly can lead to art overload. (Btw, we offered an antidote recently: Slow Art.)
- Related: Contemplating art might boost your immune system.
- Something to look forward to at the Brooklyn Museum: the poetry of Jean-Michel Basquiat.
- Donatello allegedly shouted, “Speak, damn you, speak!” as he carved Habakkuk. He got pretty close to getting his wish–take a look.
- Fascinating: Gay art tours of the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s collection.