Some stories we’ve been reading this week:
- The Whitney Museum of American Art has moved to a new location, and reviews have been enthusiastic. Here are two listicles to prepare you for the public opening next week: 10 reasons to be excited about the new Whitney Museum and 10 fun facts about the Whitney Museum.
- The mysterious story of the black model who appeared in Manet’s Olympia and other art in 19th-century France.
- Interesting to us for obvious reasons: 41 museum projects that use digital technology to engage visitors, make collections more accessible, or improve museum operations.
- A fascinating journey through the changing depictions of insanity through history.
- Researchers have discovered eerie faces and lines of verse which had previously been erased from one of the UK’s most important medieval manuscripts.
- Some people in China aren’t happy about the upcoming replica of the Great Wall.
- Smile and wave at the sky! The Hubble Space Telescope’s celebrates 25 years in space this week.