Happy Friday the 13th! Here’s a mixture of creepy and magical stories to keep you from getting into trouble today.
- On this freakiest of Fridays, one artist is making things a bit freakier with his mutant gifs.
- Looking to cast a spell on someone? Here’s a recipe for the Hand of Glory, a magical hand that puts people into a deep supernatural sleep. The only one that exists today was found in Castleton, North Yorkshire–and it’s pretty disgusting.
- The mystery of why Van Gogh cut off his ear still persists, but one thing we know for sure is what it looked like and you can see a Bioengineered replica for yourself. It’s even made using his DNA.
- A few super-scary thieves tried to rob an art gallery in Oregon. Let’s just hope they serve the appropriate time.
- Some folks believe you can capture spiritual entities with Photography. Here’s a way to learn more about this magical practice.
- On a lighter note, Maya Lin brings the wonder and beauty of the Chesapeake Bay to the Renwick Gallery of the Smithsonian American Art Museum with 168,000 marbles.
- Oh, and the location of a sculptural masterwork by artist Harry Bertoia that once lived in the St Louis Airport continues to remain a mystery.