Some stories we’ve been reading this week:
- Hey red! This is your big chance: Douglas Coupland, the author of Generation X, is offering €5,000 and a trip to Vancouver to the person who most closely resembles Van Gogh.
- Jorge Luis Borges’s sister was a pioneering modernist painter. Must have been a very interesting household.
- The travel films of the artist couple known as “Park Avenue Cubists” are suitably kooky.
- And on the topic of films, Cubists, and kooky, here’s an animation of a bar brawl between Matisse and Picasso.
- Does dishware collecting sound like a tame hobby? Try radioactive uranium glass.
- And finally, a question that has long bugged us (really!): why did ancient dolphins look so creepy?